Consumer Safety & Protection
Be a smart and informed consumers with resources from the State of Ohio. Learn how to report scams, where to file complaints, and whom to contact for assistance with certain consumer transactions.
View more consumer frequently asked questions as well as more answers to common questions.
- How can I make a complaint about a charitable organization?
- How can I report a suspected scam?
- How can I tell if a business is legitimate?
- How do I know if a charitable request is legitimate?
- What can I do if I feel like I’m being discriminated against in renting, leasing, or buying a home?
- What can I do if I or a loved one has been the victim of predatory lending?
- What should I do if I think my identity has been stolen?
- Where can I learn about common consumer scams?
- Where can I learn about the Golden Buckeye program?
- Where can I make a consumer complaint?
You can file a complaint against a charitable organization with the Ohio Attorney General's Office.
You can report potential scams to the Ohio Attorney General's Office.
You can check to see if the business is registered to do business in the state. To see if the business has any complaints against them, search Ohio Attorney General's Office consumer complaints database.
Follow these good giving guidelines from the Ohio Attorney General's Office.
Learn about housing discrimination from the Ohio Civil Rights Commission.
Explore predatory lending resources from the Ohio Department of Commerce.
The Ohio Attorney General’s Office recommends reporting the suspected identity theft to your local police department of sheriff’s office. Get more information about identity theft.
View a list of common scams from the Ohio Department of Commerce.
Learn about robocalls and telemarketing scams from the Ohio Attorney General’s Office.
Learn about scams that target older adults from the Ohio Department of Aging.
Learn about the Golden Buckeye Program from the Ohio Department of Aging.
You can file a general consumer complaint with the Ohio Attorney General.
Consumer Safety & Protection Resources