Web Content Viewer
Disability FAQs
A blind man with his seeing eye dog

Disability FAQs

The Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities' Easy Read guides can help you learn about developmental disabilities services.

To learn about becoming a provider for people with developmental disabilities, see the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities information for new providers.

Early Intervention supports parents and caregivers in their efforts to enhance the development of their children under three who have developmental delays or disabilities. Services are available to all families, regardless of income.

To get help, call 1-800-755-4769 (GROW) or submit the referral form online.

The Job Seekers Guide will help you learn how to get a job and will give you some tools that will help along the way.

The Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities' website includes contact information for all county boards of developmental disabilities .

The Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities' website includes information on ensuring the health and welfare of those with disabilities.

In most cases, contacting your county Board of Developmental Disabilities is the quickest and easiest way to report a health and safety concern. Please notify local law enforcement when appropriate.

You may also utilize the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities online complaint form or call (866) 313-6733 to report abuse, neglect and theft occurring to an individual with a developmental disability.

Contact your area agency on aging and your county Board of Developmental Disabilities to see what assistance may be available in your community.