Web Content Viewer
Common Questions
Common Questions

Common Questions

Visit careers.ohio.gov to view and apply for job opportunities with the State of Ohio.

Businesses are required to register with the Ohio Secretary of State to legally conduct business in the state — this is commonly called a business license. See our Start a Business guide for resources and checklists.

Consult the Ohio Department of Commerce’s Wage and Hour Division for information about wage and overtime laws, including the current minimum wage.

Court records should be requested from the court that had jurisdiction in the case. Find contacts for local courts from the Supreme Court of Ohio.

Ohio’s Public Records and Open Meetings laws, collectively known as the “Sunshine Laws,” give Ohioans access to government meetings and records. You need to request public records from the state agency, board, or commission that holds that record.

Learn more about Ohio’s Sunshine Laws from the Ohio Attorney General’s office.

Learn about child support from the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services.

For contact information for state agencies, boards, and commissions, please consult the State Directory.

To contact a specific individual at an agency, board, or commission, use the State of Ohio Phone Search.

For general information about state agencies, boards, and commissions, view our Government page.

Get the latest state and county sales and use tax rates from the Ohio Department of Taxation.