Web Content Viewer
Ohio Business Central
A person starting their business online

Ohio Business Central

100% of all filings needed to start or maintain a business in Ohio may now be submitted online.

Businesses are required to register with the Ohio Secretary of State to legally conduct business in the State of Ohio — this is commonly called a business license. To learn more about legal structure variations and registration, see Start a Business.

Businesses can file electronically via the Secretary of State's Ohio Business Central.

File a new business or register a name

  • Initial Articles of Incorporation: For Profit, Domestic Corporation (Form 532A)
  • Initial Articles of Incorporation: Nonprofit, Domestic Corporation (Form 532B)
  • Initial Articles of Incorporation: Professional Association, Domestic Corporation (Form 532C)
  • Foreign For-Profit Corporation Application for License (Form 530A)
  • Foreign Nonprofit Corporation Application for License (Form 530B)
  • Registration of Corporation Name, Foreign Corporation (Form 530C)
  • Articles of Organization for a Domestic Limited Liability Company (Form 533A)
  • Registration of a Foreign Limited Liability Company (Form 533B)
  • Statement of Partnership Authority (Form 535)
  • Certificate of Domestic Limited Partnership (Form 531A)
  • Certificate of Foreign Limited Partnership  (Form 531B)
  • Statement of Domestic Qualification: Limited Liability Partnership (Form 536)
  • Statement of Foreign Qualification:  Limited Liability Partnership (Form 537)
  • Trade and Fictitious Name Registration (Form 534A)

Update an existing business record

  • Biennial Report: Professional Association / Limited Liability Partnership (Form 520)
  • Statutory Agent Update (Form 521)
  • Statement of Continued Existence of Nonprofit Corporation: Foreign / Domestic (Form 522)
  • Renewal of Trade Name or Fictitious Name Registration (Form 523A)
  • Reinstatement & Appointment of Agent (Form 525A)
  • Certificate of Dissolution of Limited Liability Company /Cancellation of Foreign Limited Liability Company (Form 562)

Paper (fillable PDF forms) are also available.