Economic development is about creating a place where companies can thrive and individuals can enjoy a higher standard of living. JobsOhio plays a leading role in economic development and serves as a catalyst to accelerate growth by investing in communities, helping Ohio’s businesses expand and attracting new companies to the state – all contributing to job creation, greater payrolls and more investment.
Making a difference is a core value for JobsOhio. Our strategies and programs are designed to improve the lives of Ohioans and strengthen the communities where they live. Here’s how:
- Nine industry targets with five cross sector strategies: JobsOhio focuses on nine industries and five cross sector strategies that help to diversify Ohio’s economy. These industries and strategies leverage Ohio’s strengths and offer significant future investment and job growth. JobsOhio sector teams partner closely with industry leaders to attract new investment opportunities to the state.
- A Partner in Business: JobsOhio takes a client-focused approach to projects by listening to companies and addressing their business needs. By partnering with company executives, JobsOhio builds long-term relationships that are unique to JobsOhio’s economic development model.
- Improving Communities: In addition to company relationships, JobsOhio values its relationship with local economic development partners across the state. JobsOhio has made investments in communities to revitalize sites, authenticate sites for immediate development, and address workforce challenges.
- Return on Investment for Ohio: JobsOhio makes investment decisions that support a company’s unique project needs while also balancing the return on investment benefits to the state. Along with making smart investments, JobsOhio remains highly transparent and holds companies accountable to deliver their metric commitments through their evaluation periods.
- Direct and Indirect Results: The impact of JobsOhio on projects extends beyond the reported results. The jobs, payroll and capital investment metrics represent results tied directly to projects. Those metrics do not reflect the projects’ indirect impacts, including construction jobs, supply chain activities and other economic benefits from the investment.
In partnership with our state and local partners, JobsOhio has redefined economic development and epitomizes a model that others are trying to emulate across the country and around the globe.